A Schole-House for the Needle by Richard Shorleyker

  • Jane Stockton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9 5:43 PM
      Hi All,

      Does anyone one have the reprint of A Schole-House for the Needle by
      Richard Shorleyker?

      I've got my hands on the catalogue entry info for this shirt -

      http://www.datavista.co.uk/ctic/catalog.asp?st=main&dl=2&di=2&sf=0&sv=h6300&psf=4

      This entry has heaps of technical details about materials and construction.
      Of particular interest, is that all the motifs used on the shirt are drawn
      life size in the handout (there is also a detailed placement guide).

      Now I have permission to photocopy this info and also to redraw and
      distribute the motifs. However, part of the reason they have no problem
      with distribution of the motifs is that they believe they all come from
      Shorleyker. But, I've compared them to the two sheets of Shorleyker
      patterns I have and none are the same. The style is very similar but the
      patterns are definately different.

      So, is there anyone out there who can tell me exactly how many pages of
      spot motifs there are in Shorleyker? If there are more than the couple I
      have, would anyone be able to help me get my hands on a copy so I can
      compare to these new designs?

      In the meantime, I am going to work up a handout, so that we have a few
      more patterns than the Shorleyker ones to work with!!

      Cheers,
      Jane

      Jane Stockton - jane_stockton@...
      Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac