Reminder - Reticella Class

  • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2004

      Reticella Class

      Date: Saturday, April 10, 2004
      Time: 9:30AM - 2:30PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      By request, I will be teaching this class Saturday, April 10,
      2004.
      It was originally scheduled for Sunday of Spring Collegium, but
      Collegium is currently scheduled for Reno.

      Note we will start with fabric. Some sites call the Punto in
      Aria
      technique that starts with a cord base, Reticella. While some of
      the
      technique is the same, there are major differences when working
      from
      cloth.

      Introduction to Reticella
      Reticella is a withdrawn thread from fabric with needleweaving
      form
      of needlework that is also a form of lace making. We will start
      with
      fabric as is appropriate for our time period although we will
      discuss
      using a cordonnet thread basis. We will look at period pattern
      books
      and work on a small sample piece suitable for a pin cushion,
      needle
      book, or tin cover.
      Instructor: Sabrina de la Bere
      Class Limit: 12 maximum - 5 minimum
      Fee: $10 for materials and handout
      Bring: 5" hoop, fine embroidery scissors, straight pins, small
      ruler,
      blue washable marker, lighting and magnification if you need it
      for
      fine work. If you have a lace pillow bring it or some other
      firm,
      pin-able support like the padding the fighters use in their
      helmets.

      approximately 4 hours
      Class will begin at 9:30 am. We will take a brief break for
      lunch -
      please bring a bag lunch. Class will be held in a private home
      in
      Half Moon Bay.

      Please reserve your slot with a check made out to Robin Berry
      and
      sent to PO Box 1809, El Granada, CA 94018.