Needlework classes - Royal School and Opus School

  • aheilvei
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2004
      Forwarded from the Middle Kingdom list - Despina

      For those who might be interested...
      The Hotel Pattee in Perry Iowa is hosting two stitching retreats led
      by world-class instructors from London.
      The teachers are from the Royal School of Needlework and Britain's
      Opus School of Textile Arts.

      Some of what they are concentrating on is:
      Goldwork
      Or Nue (involves stitching colored threads over gold threads to
      create a
      dimensional and graduated effect)
      Natural Silk Shading
      There is also a free flowing experimental stichery track available.

      If you would like more information please go to the Hotels web site.
      http://www.hotelpattee.com/promotions/needleart_conference/
      I think this is the third year they have held needlework classes with
      teachers from England and I know that they have been amazingly
      popular.