Golden Fleece Or Nue question

  • Willow Polson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2004
      Does anyone know what the ground fabric is for the Vestments of the Order
      of the Golden Fleece and/or any sort of Or Nue embroidery? I've looked in
      both the Kay Staniland book and Lynn Skinner's Piecework article to no
      avail. Thanks!

      Rev. Willow Polson www.willowsplace.com
      Give my Pagan Paradise Live365 Radio Station a listen!
      http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=willowpolson
    • annora
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2004
        > Does anyone know what the ground fabric is for the Vestments of the Order
        > of the Golden Fleece and/or any sort of Or Nue embroidery?

        I don't have my books here but I'm almost positive the Golden
        Fleece pieces have a linen ground. I have a conservation report at home
        and can check later if no one has definite info. There are other or nue
        pieces on linen too.

        --annora
      • Heather Rose Jones
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2004
          At 11:58 AM -0800 1/21/04, Willow Polson wrote:
          >Does anyone know what the ground fabric is for the Vestments of the Order
          >of the Golden Fleece and/or any sort of Or Nue embroidery? I've looked in
          >both the Kay Staniland book and Lynn Skinner's Piecework article to no
          >avail. Thanks!

          As I believe someone mentioned over on Authentic-SCA when you asked
          the same question, the Getty Institute book "Conservation of
          Tapestries and Embroideries" shows the ground fabric very clearly as
          linen.

          Tangwystyl
          --
          *****