2005 Rose Pouches

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2003
      At October Crown, guild members selected to do Kingdom Rose Pouches for the 2005 guild service project. This would mean that at Pennsic 2005, Their Majesties of each of the other 16 kingdoms would be presented a pouch with their embroidered Royal Rose.

      So far, the sign-up sheet includes:

      Cristeane McNab - Caid
      Iulitta Rowan of Arran - Outlands
      Sorcha Fhionn inghean ui Ruaic - Atlantia
      Catherine Lorraine of Stonegate Manor - An Tir

      What's so much fun about this project is that each needleworker gets to select the embroidery technique of their choice (can also be beaded and appliqued) using the fabric, threads, and finishing techniques of their choice. The design itself is to be approx. 6 in. x 6 in., which means the pouches usually run about 8 x 9 in. or 8 x 10 in.

      If you are in need of fabric, thread, or cording for the pouch strings, please let me know and the guild can provide that to you.

      If you visit the website http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/ and click on Kingdom/Principality Arms, Colors, etc.you will be able to see the heraldic description and/or picture of each kingdom's royal rose.

      If you would like to sign up for this fun project, please email at dcobb@... or call me at (831) 385-3040 (hm. before 9 p.m.).

      The deadline for this project will be June 1st, 2005. Please remember that as each pouch is finished, they will be displayed at various guild events and photographed.

      Have fun!

      Isela di Bari
      Coordinator for the 2005 Kingdom Rose Pouches

      P.S. Please remember that this is a different project from the rose pouches being embroidered solely for Her Majesty of the West Kingdom.

    • lilinah@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
        Debra Cobb" <dcobb@...>
        >At October Crown, guild members selected to do Kingdom Rose Pouches
        >for the 2005 guild service project. This would mean that at Pennsic
        >2005, Their Majesties of each of the other 16 kingdoms would be
        >presented a pouch with their embroidered Royal Rose.

        While there are currently 17 kingdoms, Northshield becomes a kingdom
        in 2004. So in 2005 there will be 17 other kingdoms beyond the West.
        Is Northshield included?

        Anahita
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
          >Debra Cobb" <dcobb@...>
          >>At October Crown, guild members selected to do Kingdom Rose Pouches
          >>for the 2005 guild service project. This would mean that at Pennsic
          >>2005, Their Majesties of each of the other 16 kingdoms would be
          >>presented a pouch with their embroidered Royal Rose.
          >
          >While there are currently 17 kingdoms, Northshield becomes a kingdom
          >in 2004. So in 2005 there will be 17 other kingdoms beyond the West.
          >Is Northshield included?
          >
          >Anahita

          yes - Northshield will be included - so 17 if it is a Kingdom by
          Pennsic. Note that there is NO West pouch for the 2005 Pennsic pouch
          project as we are doing West pouches for each queen as she steps down.

        • Debra Cobb
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2003
            Thank you for the update and the reminder on Northshield.

            Isela

            >>At October Crown, guild members selected to do Kingdom Rose Pouches
            >>for the 2005 guild service project. This would mean that at Pennsic
            >>2005, Their Majesties of each of the other 16 kingdoms would be
            >>presented a pouch with their embroidered Royal Rose.
            >
            >While there are currently 17 kingdoms, Northshield becomes a kingdom
            >in 2004. So in 2005 there will be 17 other kingdoms beyond the West.
            >Is Northshield included?
            >
            >Anahita

            yes - Northshield will be included - so 17 if it is a Kingdom by
            Pennsic. Note that there is NO West pouch for the 2005 Pennsic pouch
            project as we are doing West pouches for each queen as she steps down.

            follow the directions. If you have problems doing this, please e-mail the
            Guild Deputy, Christian de Holacombe, at <claning@...>. The WK
            Needleworkers Guild Website is at http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle.

          • Debra Cobb
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 16, 2005
              I realize that this is on short notice...but we were just notified that the Guild needs someone to embroider the Rose Pouch for the new Kingdom of Northshield.

              Choice of fabric, threads, and embroidery technique would be at your option. However, if you need materials, we can supply them for you.

              You can see the royal rose for each Kingdom on : http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm under the Kingdom arms/badges section.

              Look under the "Files" section for WKNRosePouch.pdf

              The deadline for this pouch is scheduled for June 1st, so that we can prepare it for display and presentation at June Crown.

              You can either email me at dcobb@... or you can reach me at (831) 385-4047 (wk) or (831) 385-3040 (hm.)

              Always yours in service,

              Isela
              2005 Project Coordinator