New Book Release

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      I was just thumbing through my latest issue of Piecework Magazine and noticed an ad from Curious Works Press for the release of the new book entitled Embroideries and Samplers from Islamic Egypt by Marianne Ellis. According to the advertisement, this new book features embroideries dating from A.D. 868 to 1517 and include some of the "earliest known doublerunning and simple cutwork techniques, which became the basis for 17th century English samplermaking".

      Publisher: Ashmolean Museum, University of Oxford, in association with Curious Works Press.

      96 pp, 66 color illustrations - Listed at $26.95 plus $4.00 s/h.

      Can be purchased from Curious Works Press, 106 LeGrand Blvd, Greenville, SC 29607. Phone: (864) 233-7666. Fax: (864) 233-7669.

      The ad is on page 55 of Piecework's May-June 2001 issue.

      Regards,

      Isela