Guild kits at Beltane

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2001
      Hope to see everyone at Beltane this weekend. Look for our green
      flagpole with the green pennant with a gold needle! It will probably
      be marking Sabrina's pavilion -- which has a white and gold roof, and
      should be on, or close to, the list field. (I'm not sure whether our
      Guild pavilion is going to make it this time or not.)

      ALERT!! For anyone who has a "Strawberry Pincushion" needlepoint kit
      -- you probably have the wrong size canvas for the yarn included in
      the kit. My first sample worked fine, but after some experimentation,
      I think that 12/inch canvas is going to work a lot better with the
      doubled yarn than the 14/inch that was included in the kit. I'll have
      replacement canvas with me at Beltane, or if you can't find that size
      in your area, e-mail me and I'll mail you a piece. You need a 5-inch
      square cut on the *diagonal* of the canvas. The new kits will have
      the correct size.

      Making its debut at Beltane will also be our new kit for a
      "Scholehouse sachet" -- an Elizabethan sachet with a simple outline
      stitch design from _Scholehouse for the Needle_, a period pattern
      book, and an easy one-stitch edging.

      I'll also have some more kits for Fan Pouches if anyone wants an easy
      project in counted cross stitch, blackwork, or pattern darning. The
      kit flyer has designs for all three techniques.

      For any of these kits, see me or Sabrina.

      See you there!
      O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe
      | Chris Laning <CLaning@...>
      + Shire of Windy Meads - Davis, California