Medievale Embroidery Wiki Now Open - Please Contribute

  • jane_of_stockton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      I just wanted to let everyone know about a Wiki that I've just set up.
      Its called the Medieval Embroidery Wiki. The purpose of the Wiki is to
      provide a central location where information about period embroidery
      can be found. At the moment, there are bits here and there. Also,
      stuff on the web has a tendency to disappear over night. With the
      Wiki, anyone can save the whole site to their computer at the push of
      a button. The URL is:

      http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?wikiid=2734&doc=MedievalEmbroidery

      For those not familar with Wikis, the beauty of these are that anyone
      can be involved. All you need to edit pages is a web browser. You go
      to the page, click on the the "Edit Page" button and fill in the box
      with info. When you are finished, you click "Save". That's it!

      This is a great way for people who have information (but who don't
      want to setup and maintain webpages) to share that information with
      others.

      I have set up the structure of the site, but if you think we need more
      categories etc, just add them!

      I am hoping to get as much hard info as possible up, so where
      possible, cite your sources, list books and references that may be
      helpful, link to websites with pictures!!

      Cheers,
      Jane
      Jane of Stockton
      Barony of Mordenvale