OOP but desperate for help: Irish Clones Lace

  • Joan Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2003
      Irish crochet is grotesquely OOP for us (I think it started during
      the Potato Famine) but I don't know where else to look for possible
      help. Do any of you ladies who live in the San Francisco Bay Area
      do Irish crochet? Although experienced with thread crochet, I'm
      just trying to learn this. I'm fine with making the motifs, I'm
      fine with the "squares", but I'm in deep trouble with the "crackly"
      free-form filling that connects the motifs to make the lace. I
      bought a lovely book on Clones lace (a regional variation of Irish
      crochet), but when it comes to that freeform filling stitch, the
      instructions basically just say "do whatever you like." If anyone
      near me (I live in Vallejo) does Irish crochet, I would happily pay
      for a couple of lessons.

      Joan the Harper
      (previously known as Iohanna the Harper)