13th c swiss tablecloth

  • Catherine Lorraine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2003
      Hi all,

      I am trying to locate a photograph of a 13th century swiss table
      cloth that shows the complete tablecloth.

      The tablecloth has medallions that contain grotesques; mythical
      beasts and animals. It is stitched white on white with a number of
      different stitches.....

      I remember seeing a picture within the past three years, but can not
      remember where I saw the picture.

      I have a number of pictures of pieces of the tablecloth, but not one
      of the whole thing.

      Pictures appears in various books such as

      plates 151 - 151 in A pictorial History of Embroidery by Schuette
      & Christensen

      Needlework an Illustrated History by Bridgeman and Drury on page
      228

      Eric Wilsons Embroidery book page 249

      And yes I have written to the museum where it is supposed to be housed
      and have received no response.

      So any help that anyone can give would be greatfully appreciated.

      Thanks,