Reminder - Collegium

  • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2003

      Collegium

      Date: Saturday, February 22, 2003
      Time: All Day

      Classes and more classes
      - blackwork, Opus Anglicanum, and more on Saturday
      - Period Quilting on Sunday
      Come learn some new techniques and polish your stitching.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2003
        ooops - forgot to take it off the calendar

        Next event is March Crown - 2 classes - beadwork on Sat and cross
        stitch on Sunday AM. Plus much much more - see you there

        - Sabrina
      • Kellyn Firesinger
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2003

          > Collegium

          > Date: Saturday, February 22, 2003
          > Time: All Day

          > Classes and more classes
          > - blackwork, Opus Anglicanum, and more on Saturday
          > - Period Quilting on Sunday
          > Come learn some new techniques and polish your
          stitching.

          Dear Mistress Sabrina:

          I had understood that

          1) this was a one-day event

          2) it has been cancelled.

          Could you verify?

          Thanks, Kellyn Firesinger

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2003

            Collegium

            Date: Saturday, November 22, 2003
            Time: All Day

            FALL COLLEGIUM: NOVEMBER 22

            Saturday�s classes (in no particular order):

            Class name: Setting Fabric in a Wooden Frame
            Teacher: Duchess Letitia de Scotia
            fabric for
            embroidery is to lash all four sides of the fabric into a wooden
            frame.�
            This class will show students how to lash and tighten the fabric
            down so
            that the tension is even and tight AND stays that way.�
            Instructor will
            provide all fabric, string and needles.
            Materials to bring: Students must bring 4 - 10 inch stretcher
            bars.� These
            are available at Michael's.� They come in two to a package
            and are called
            Uni-Stretch frames.� If you have problems obtaining the
            stretcher bars,
            please contact the instructor.
            Class limit: 8
            Fee: None, as students will be providing their own stretcher
            bars

            Class name: Needle-Lace Edgings
            Teacher: Aldith Angharad St. George
            edgings, using
            buttonhole stitch, picots, and needleweaving.� These edgings
            were used for
            all kinds of linens, including shirts, chemises, handkerchiefs
            and veils.��
            A kit will be provided including linen fabric, thread and
            needle.
            Materials to bring: Scissors
            Class limit: 6, but auditors are welcome
            Fee: $2

            Class name: Medieval Quilting
            Teacher: Christian de Holacombe
            fine
            stitches on solid colored fabric. The technique is simple and
            elegant and
            the materials inexpensive. Learn the stitches on a small piece
            of corded and
            stuffed quilting, and take home patterns from the 1300s
            Guicciardini quilts,
            made in Sicily.
            Materials to bring: Scissors, hoop and thimble -- even if you
            don't use one
            otherwise, you'll need it for this!
            Class limit: None
            Fee: $5

            Class name: Trim Design and Choice: Easy Embroidery for the
            Impatient
            Anachronist
            Teacher: Mistress Hilary of Serendip
            the
          • Julie & Derek Craig
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2003
              Hi,

              As I am in NZ and unable to attend these courses - would it be possible to
              be sent any notes that are available. I would particularly like to see the
              patterns of the medieval quilts.
              Thank you, I'd very much appreciate it!

              Yours in Service
              Elena

              > Saturday,s classes (in no particular order):
              >
              > Class name: Setting Fabric in a Wooden Frame
              > Teacher: Duchess Letitia de Scotia
              > fabric for
              > embroidery is to lash all four sides of the fabric into a wooden
              > frame.
              > This class will show students how to lash and tighten the fabric
              > down so
              > that the tension is even and tight AND stays that way.
              > Instructor will
              > provide all fabric, string and needles.
              > Materials to bring: Students must bring 4 - 10 inch stretcher
              > bars. These
              > are available at Michael's. They come in two to a package
              > and are called
              > Uni-Stretch frames. If you have problems obtaining the
              > stretcher bars,
              > please contact the instructor.
              > Class limit: 8
              > Fee: None, as students will be providing their own stretcher
              > bars
              >
              > Class name: Needle-Lace Edgings
              > Teacher: Aldith Angharad St. George
              > edgings, using
              > buttonhole stitch, picots, and needleweaving. These edgings
              > were used for
              > all kinds of linens, including shirts, chemises, handkerchiefs
              > and veils.
              > A kit will be provided including linen fabric, thread and
              > needle.
              > Materials to bring: Scissors
              > Class limit: 6, but auditors are welcome
              > Fee: $2
              >
              > Class name: Medieval Quilting
              > Teacher: Christian de Holacombe
              > fine
              > stitches on solid colored fabric. The technique is simple and
              > elegant and
              > the materials inexpensive. Learn the stitches on a small piece
              > of corded and
              > stuffed quilting, and take home patterns from the 1300s
              > Guicciardini quilts,
              > made in Sicily.
              > Materials to bring: Scissors, hoop and thimble -- even if you
              > don't use one
              > otherwise, you'll need it for this!
              > Class limit: None
              > Fee: $5
              >
              > Class name: Trim Design and Choice: Easy Embroidery for the
              > Impatient
              > Anachronist
              > Teacher: Mistress Hilary of Serendip
              > the

              follow the directions. If you have problems doing this, please e-mail the
              Guild Deputy, Christian de Holacombe, at <claning@...>. The WK
              Needleworkers Guild Website is at http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle.

            • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 19, 2003

                Collegium

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 19, 2003
                  WKneedle@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                  > Class name: Trim Design and Choice: Easy Embroidery for the
                  > Impatient Anachronist
                  > Teacher: Mistress Hilary of Serendip
                  > the
                  ... three basic stitches needed to execute your own designs so they look
                  like period work.
                  Required materials: Not essential, but a small embroidery frame with
                  needle and thread would be useful.
                  Limit: 15
                  Fee: $1 (covers 3-page handout, plus stiff paper, needle, and yarn to
                  practice stitches)

                  I couldn't stand the truncated announcement anymore.... :-)

                  --
                  - Hilary Powers - hilary@... - Oakland CA -
                  - Freelance copyediting and developmental editing -