March Crown report

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2001
      We had a great time in the Needleworkers Guild pavilion at March
      Crown. Wish everyone could have been there!

      We couldn't have asked for a better pavilion location, right next to
      the list field. We had quite a few visitors who had never seen us
      before, and got several new signups, lots of people dropping in to
      chat or stitch, and several people bringing in pieces for evaluation
      to our Mentors' Corner. We need to remember to pack some Official
      Guild Paperweights <g> to hold down items on the literature table
      when it's windy!

      Our meeting at 2:30 was well attended, and the class in Opus
      Teutonicum (German whitework) had 9 enthusiastic people, one of whom
      had never done *anything* with counted thread before. I hope everyone
      got all the help they needed! Several people told me afterward how
      much they appreciated it.

      If you missed this class, you'll find the handout posted at the
      WKneedle group site:

      Look for us at Beltane at Kelly's Camp, where we will be relaxing and
      stitching. We will host the Arts & Sciences Pavilion at June Crown,
      and are hoping to set up our Guild pavilion right behind it so we
      have all the space we need. Sabrina will be teaching a class on
      Surface Embroidery, and we will debut our new kit for an "Elizabethan
      Sweetbag" sachet!

      Regards,
      O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe
      | Chris Laning <CLaning@...>
      + Shire of Windy Meads - Davis, California