Class at March Crown

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2001
      Just a note that the Needleworkers Guild class at March Crown this
      coming weekend will be on Opus Teutonicum or German whitework. Meet
      us at 2:30 pm in the Needleworkers Guild pavilion!

      This is an easy and authentic white-on-white technique that was used
      for beautiful church and secular linens in the 12th and 13th
      centuries. Its main feature is the use of white linen thread on white
      linen fabric, in solid areas, patterned fillings, and open areas of
      drawn or pulled threads. The patterned fillings are worked in a
      variety of techniques, including counted-thread straight stitches and
      pattern darning.

      If you want a "sneak preview," there's a photo of the class sampler
      just getting started at:

      The Needleworkers Guild Mentor's Corner - a one-on-one chance to get
      help with needlework projects, or just to stitch - will begin on
      Saturday in the Guild pavilion, right after Invocation. If you have
      questions, or just want to stop by to stitch, chat, and share your
      latest project, we will look forward to seeing you! More experienced
      members of the Guild will be available to answer questions about your
      latest project, and copies of the resent questionnaire will also be
      available if you haven't filled yours out yet.

      Look above the rooftops for our guild pennant, a gold needle on a
      green background, marking our pavilion! We have our eye on a pavilion
      space just off the list field on the way to Merchant's Row. See you
      there!

      (P.S. Apologies to anyone who gets multiple copies of this notice!)

      O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe
      | Chris Laning <CLaning@...>
      + Shire of Windy Meads - Davis, California