Reminder - Fall Collegium

  • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2002

      Fall Collegium

      Date: Saturday, October 19, 2002
      Time: All Day

      1. 3 Basic Stitches Suitable for Clothing Embellishment
      with
      Cyneburh of Cantwaraburg. This is a beginners class to
      familiarize
      students with 3 stitches that can be used on clothing. Very
      suitable
      for early period clothing and can be done with floss or wool
      yarn.
      Bring hoop and scissors. Limit 8. Cost 3.

      2. Brick Stitch Pouch with Caiterina nic Sheamus. Learn
      brick
      stitch and how to work the Westphalian patterns as researched by
      Master Richard of Wymarc. Kit is suitable for making into a
      small
      pouch. Technique is easy to learn. Bring hoop and scissors.
      Limit
      6. Cost $4

      3. Single Thread Couching with Aldith Angard St. George.
      This
      class is a basic technique which is used in a number of
      different types and periods of embroidery. While an easy
      technique
      to learn it takes practice to master. This technique is also a
      prerequisite to a Guild class in Or Nue to be given in Spring
      2003.
      Bring hoop and scissors. Limit 6 (Auditors okay). Cost $3.

      4. Elizabethan Color and Shading with Francesca von Hesse.
      Students will learn period color and aesthetic in Elizabethan
      needlework, including shading principles. Slides and pictures
      will
      be used to illustrate commonly found patterns. Students will
      start a
      sampler using simple stitches with silk threads. $2.00 fee,
      handout
      and kit included. Students will need to bring hoop of their
      size
      choice and scissors. Limit 8 students.

      5. Detached Buttonhole and Other Raised Stitches with
      Mairghread
      nighean Eanruig. This class is geared toward the intermediate
      student who is interested in doing primarily raised work as seen
      in
      Elizabethan Embroidery. Bring hoop and scissors. Limit 8. Cost
      $3
    • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2002

        Fall Collegium

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2004

          Fall Collegium

          Date: Saturday, November 6, 2004
          Time: 12:00AM PST (GMT-08:00)

          GUILD SPONSORED CLASSES:
          St. Cuthburt Goldwork, by Letitia de Scotia
          Wool Applique with Gold Leather Couching, by Kira Leonovna
          Zemnodoshina
          Embroidered Bookcovers, by Francesca von Hesse
          Stars, Spangles, and Studs, by Christian de Holacombe
        • Carrie Pavlin
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2004
            I heard that this was cancelled, is it?

            Caitilin inghean Chon Mheadha

            --- WKneedle@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Fall Collegium
            >
            > Date: Saturday, November 6, 2004
            > Time: 12:00AM PST (GMT-08:00)
            >
            > GUILD SPONSORED CLASSES:
            > St. Cuthburt Goldwork, by Letitia de Scotia
            > Wool Applique with Gold Leather Couching, by Kira
            > Leonovna
            > Zemnodoshina
            > Embroidered Bookcovers, by Francesca von Hesse
            > Stars, Spangles, and Studs, by Christian de
            > Holacombe

            =====
            Carrie Pavlin
            cmpavlin@...

            "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
          • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004

              Fall Collegium