Quilting resources

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 12:10 AM
      Since we got a couple of questions about quilting projects at A&S,
      I've posted a few things that might be useful.

      We don't have it in print as far as I know, but I've posted an
      article on Historical Quilting from an o-o-o-o-o-ld issue of the
      Guild newsletter in the WKneedle FILES section. It's at:

      There's also a longer article in two parts at another site, with
      several pictures, if you don't mind downloading two PDF files that
      are a bit over 2 megabytes each:

      Guild Minister Bess Haddon of York, of Lochac's Worshipful Company of
      Broderers, has studied these same quilts and will be discussing them
      (I hope!) in her Ph.D. dissertation.

      Elspeth Semstress also wrote us a very nice article for our June 2001
      _Filum Aureum_, which I should have posted within a couple of days,
      at:

      My experience has been that there _isn't_ a lot of information out
      there on historical quilting, and most of what there is relates to
      the 18th and 19th centuries (whether it says so or not), rather than
      the Middle Ages. The articles have a couple of references, but the
      best I've found are in books that are out of print.

      O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe
      | Chris Laning <claning@...>
      + Shire of Windy Meads - Davis, California