New Service Projects -- More Rose Pouches and Kneeling Carpets

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2002
      Rose Pouches for Our Queens - since it seems the Rose Pouches were
      such a hit with both our Queens and the other Kingdoms, it was
      decided that we should begin doing Rose Pouches for our Queens.
      These would be presented to each Queen upon her stepping down.

      The project will be similar - a pouch with a 5 petal tudor rose
      design. The embroidered portion will be approximately 6"x6" and the
      overall pouch a couple inches larger. You will have the choice of
      embroidery methodology. A basic design and basic chart will be
      available from the Yahoo Groups files and hopefully from our website
      as well in the next few weeks. The background should be gold - the
      rose red - the leaves green - the center gold. The Guild will supply
      materials upon request.

      Sign-ups - since we don't know who will be Queen, sign-ups will be
      for a specific delivery date. If you get the project done in
      advance, your piece may be used earlier than the date specified if
      someone misses their deadline. However, please endeavor to be early
      for my piece of mind. The first delivery deadline will be Purgatorio
      2003. You may email me or sign-up at A&S, Oct Crown or 12th Night.
      Going forward the list will be available at Crown events.

      Kneeling Carpets - seeing some of the problems that occur when you
      only have kneeling pillows, our own Mistress Anne of Bradford has
      offered to design 2 kneeling carpets for our Kingdom - his and hers.

      You may have seen Mistress Anne's own carpet project a couple years
      ago when she taught Table Carpets for us at an October Crown. You
      may have also seen the wonderful piece done in Lochac announced
      earlier this week on WKNeedle.

      These will be approximately 3'x4' each. We will assign a 12"x12"
      piece out. You will be given canvas (probably 10 ct), wool yarn, and
      a color chart. The stitching will be in long arm cross stitch and
      cross stitch. We will need 24 people to each take a section.

      Since this is still in the design phase, I will begin a list of
      interested people who will be contacted once the designs are in hand.
      A target date will be assigned at that time, but there will be plenty
      of lead time. Will will also need 2 people or teams of people to put
      each carpet together. If you are interested in doing this part,
      please also let me know.

      Continuing Projects -- we still need people to sign up for the
      Traveling Bags Project. Anyone interested may see me at A&S or
      contact Mistress Isela.

      Thank-you all for your interest and service.

      "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."

    • rdwlist@acsalaska.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2002
        Thanks Sabrina! Now I have to get to it and actually work on the
        designing thing...

        Anne, still having _way_ too much fun tracking down this gilded leather
        thing.