Reminder - A&S July 26-28

  • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2002

      A&S July 26-28

      Date: Saturday, July 27, 2002
      Time: All Day

      Arts and Sciences July 26-28, 2002 to be held at Bort Meadows
      There will be a needlework track at A&S again this year. Last
      year all our classes filled and we hope to have a great track of
      classes this year. So mark your calendars.
      *Intro to Canvaswork: With Iulitta Rowan. A 90% a "how-to"
      class, looking at various canvases, how to pick the needle, how
      to pick the yarn, how to thread the needle, and six stitches
      including tent, basketweave, straight and slanted gobelin.
      Maximum 6 students,. Kit fee: $5.00. Bring Scissors.
      *Blackwork Filling Patterns: With Sabrina de la Bere. Draw a
      design and fill with 5 different filling patterns taken from
      historic textiles. Done on linen, bring scissors, hoop, and
      magnification if you need it. Limit 8. Kit fee: $5.
      *German Whitework: with Christian de Holacombe. Introduction of
      the Guild's newest bookmark. Much of German Whitework is easy
      and fun, not to mention a good way to begin working with linen.
      (Further details forthcoming) Kit fee: $5
      *Viking Haversack - Wool on Wool applique with embroidery with
      Kareina Talvi Tyt�r. Make a useful carrying bag decorated
      with a simple Viking style serpent. The kits provided for this
      class make a large bag similar to the ones given as gifts to
      other royals by Their Majesties this past Estrella. Bring:
      Scissors Kit Fee: $5. Limit 8.
      *Introduction to Goldwork with Sabrina de la Bere. This class
      was requested at March Crown and so we hope you will come try
      working with purl purl, bullion, chipwork, and metal thread
      couching. Tnis is designed as a technique class rather than
      creating a particular item. Bring 5� hoop and scissors. Kit
      fee: $5. Limit 10.

      In Service, Sabrina de la Bere, Guild Minister