Re: [WKneedle] Seeking photos of Extant Assisi / voided work

  • Evaine ni MacGreger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
      Somebody (Karen Larsdatter) put together a page of links to different
      museum's pieces... http://www.larsdatter.com/voided-work.htm. Hopefully
      that's useful.

      YIS;

      Evaine

      --
      Evaine ni MacGreger
      Principality of the Mists

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
        Greetings Arianna,

        yes their definitely are extant pieces of voided work

        you can find an excellent article on voided work at:

        http://flowersoftheneedle.com/assisi%20page/index_Assisi.html by
        Baroness Kathryn Goodwyn, O.L. the full article also appears in one of
        the issues of the Guild newsletter which is online in one of the files
        I don't remember which issue of the the article on the Guild
        website can be found at :
        http://wkneedle.bayrose.org/Articles/assisi.html

        another article is located at:

        http://rowdypopulace.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/introduction-to-assisi-voided-work-embroidery-by-angharad-verch-dafydd/

        extant examples can be found in the Victoria & Albert Museum in color

        at: http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O292521/border/

        when searching for information use voided work or Italian voided work
        rather than Assissi work, as Assissi is the modern name for this type of
        embroidery.

        Catherine Lorraine

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2013
          thanks for posting the site info with the links, that is one I had not
          run across before. Great pictures.

          Catherine Lorraine

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 20, 2013
            There is information on my website including list extant items that unfortunately has not been updated recently.

            http://www.bayrose.org/AandS/Voided_Work.html

            "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."
            http://www.bayrose.org