Seeking photos of Extant Assisi / voided work

  • Steph Sitzes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2013
      Can anyone help? I am trying to find photos of Extant pieces. Do they exist? Or
      records of how it was used and where?

      Please help!
      thank you,
      Arianna
    • Evaine ni MacGreger
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
        Somebody (Karen Larsdatter) put together a page of links to different
        museum's pieces... http://www.larsdatter.com/voided-work.htm. Hopefully
        that's useful.

        YIS;

        Evaine

        --
        Evaine ni MacGreger
        Principality of the Mists

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
          Greetings Arianna,

          yes their definitely are extant pieces of voided work

          you can find an excellent article on voided work at:

          http://flowersoftheneedle.com/assisi%20page/index_Assisi.html by
          Baroness Kathryn Goodwyn, O.L. the full article also appears in one of
          the issues of the Guild newsletter which is online in one of the files
          I don't remember which issue of the the article on the Guild
          website can be found at :
          http://wkneedle.bayrose.org/Articles/assisi.html

          another article is located at:

          http://rowdypopulace.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/introduction-to-assisi-voided-work-embroidery-by-angharad-verch-dafydd/

          extant examples can be found in the Victoria & Albert Museum in color

          at: http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O292521/border/

          when searching for information use voided work or Italian voided work
          rather than Assissi work, as Assissi is the modern name for this type of
          embroidery.

          Catherine Lorraine

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 20, 2013
            thanks for posting the site info with the links, that is one I had not
            run across before. Great pictures.

            Catherine Lorraine

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 20, 2013
              There is information on my website including list extant items that unfortunately has not been updated recently.

              http://www.bayrose.org/AandS/Voided_Work.html

              "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."
              http://www.bayrose.org