Loom for Sale

  • kyrinnaarias
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      Hello Fellow Needleworkers!

      I know this list is more for the needle than the fabric, but it seemed a good place to start. Feel free to cross-post.

      The time has come for me to part with my loom. It is a solid wood table loom, 33" wide by 23" deep by 24" high. The effective weaving space is about 26", and there are 4-harnesses, lifted from levers on the top. I've posted 4 pictures of it in an album called "Cait's Loom" on this site.

      This loom was completely hand-built by a cool old loom-maker who settled in Vacaville for his retirement. My mom (who could be persuasive!) convinced him to make one more loom. This is it - his last one.

      It comes with at least 2 reeds, extra heddles, a beater stick, and a shuttle or two. I can't be more specific right now, but will get all the information if you're interested. They are "safe" but will require much moving of stuff in the garage to get to them.

      I love this loom, but will not have the wherewithal to use it effectively in the forseeable future. It is dusty, and could use oiling, but in good condition. I'm asking $500, and can deliver within an hour or two of Vacaville. For farther away, maybe we could arrange to meet halfway.

      Please contact me for more information. I'd love to send it to a new home this week!

      ~Caiterina nic Sheamus