Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Third time is the charm: Meeting Notes

Expand Messages
  • WKneedle-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Guild Meeting at June Crown 2013 We had many new faces for the Guild at the meeting that is so exciting to see. Finances: The Guild has $2092.53 Rose Pouch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Guild Meeting at June Crown 2013

      We had many new faces for the Guild at the meeting that is so exciting to see.

      Finances: The Guild has $2092.53

      Rose Pouch Update: The Rose Pouch stitched by Jocelyn of Rowenwood has been completed and will be delivered to Her Majesty Etain at Pergatorio. Arrangements are being made to have a representative for the Guild to make the presentation at the event. Two additional pouches stitched by Robin of Thornwood have been received. This brings a total of 3 extra pouches in Mistress Sabrina's possession for emergency purposes. She has, however, volunteers for the making of Rose Pouches to 2015!

      Crown/Mist Napkin Project: The project coordinator has changed hands as Sorcha Fhionn inghean uí Ruairc (sadly) is moving out of the area. She has coordinated this project for many years with grace and will be sorely missed. Her successor is Catherine Lorraine of Stonegate Manor. She had volunteers for the rest of the year and is looking for volunteers for next year. Napkins are stitched for the Mists Royalty as well as the West Royals. Please contact her if you wish to stitch for this project.

      War Cloak Update: Katherine de Langelei and Isela di Bari are working out the design details. The War Cloak to be delivered before July of 2014. Some elements of the design will be embroidered by others in the guild. If you'd like to be part of this project, please contact either of the above for more details.

      Replacement Royal Throne Cushions: Materials are still being gathered.

      Guild Pavilion: Guild Minister with the general approval of the guild will continue to research costs and styles for a pavilion for the guild. An Eric worth shade that is simple to put up for one/two people is being looked into. For many years, the guild has been off the Eric. With a Guild Pavilion open to all guild members to rest their feet as well as bring new folk into the guild and expand the interest in needlework in general is the generally thought to be a good one for the Guild.

      Largess Project: The project will be coifs and fighting card pouches. The Guild Minister will provide the patterns for the coifs. Two styles: earlier period 2 piece and later period 3 piece. We will have a display at October Crown A & S of these pieces with the finished work to be presented next year at March Crown. If you'd like to stitch one of these items (or more if you wish), please contact me.

      If you have some other item you want to stitch, you are not restricted to the above. I will accept all finished needleworked items for March Crown 2014.

      West Kingdom Towne Faire: The guild voted to have a presence at this new event in April 2014 at Tres Pinos. We will have demonstrations. I'd like to have all periods of needlework shown. We will discuss more but put your thinking caps on as this event could also be a fundraiser as well.

      In Service
      Jocelyn of Rowenwood
      WK Needleworkers Guild Minister
    • Conny Fitzsimmons (Catherine Lorraine)
      to add a short note regarding the Royal Napkin project I have volunteers up to Beltane of 2014 so in March of next year I will be asking for more volunteers.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        to add a short note regarding the Royal Napkin project I have
        volunteers up to Beltane of 2014 so in March of next year I will be
        asking for more volunteers.

        As a reminder this is a FUN project and your input as an artist as to
        what to stitch is totally up to you. How much to embellish the napkin is
        up to you. One corner, all corners, one side what ever you want to do.

        The only thing that is not allowed is symbols of the Crown or Coronet as
        these napkins are meant to be personal items for the Royalty and not
        regalia.

        Therefore when deciding what to stitch you may wait for the appropriate
        tournament to be held whether it is a Crown or Coronet in order to find
        out who the Royal Heirs will be.

        That way you can add personal touches such as parts or all of their
        personal arms , symbols of their rank such as Knight, Laurel , Pelican etc.

        As you know we just had Crown tournament and the Crown Prince is Marc
        and Crown Princess is Patricia and Jania will be making napkins for them.

        I would ask that that the napkins are to be in my hands by either
        Coronation or Mists Investiture depending on which set you are working
        on, and if that is not possible no later than 1/2 way through their
        reign, we would like them to be able to use them as much as possible.

        The schedule is as follows:

        Crown napkins:

        Jania of Callduck Manor napkins for Marc & Patricia due at Pugatorio
        ( due to the distance (Arcata) of pugatorio) napkins to be presented at
        October Crown 2013


        Cordelia Tosere napkins to be presented at 12th Night 2014

        Brid Hecgwegt napkins to be presented at Beltane 2014
        ------------------------------------------------------------

        Mists Coronet napkins:

        Alexandra Sinclair to be presented at Mists Fall Investiture Nov. 2013

        Vashti napkins to be presented at Mists Spring Investiture May 2014.


        If a crisis of life happens, no worries, please just let me know in time
        to rectify the situation.

        You may contact me either through Facebook (Catherine Lorraine) through
        the Guild Yahoo group or privately catherinelorraine@....

        I read my email every day.

        In service to the Crown of the West and the West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild
        Duchess Catherine Lorraine, OL, OP







        On 6/27/2013 10:56 AM, WKneedle-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > Guild Meeting at June Crown 2013
        >
        > We had many new faces for the Guild at the meeting that is so exciting to see.
        >
        > Finances: The Guild has $2092.53
        >
        > Rose Pouch Update: The Rose Pouch stitched by Jocelyn of Rowenwood has been completed and will be delivered to Her Majesty Etain at Pergatorio. Arrangements are being made to have a representative for the Guild to make the presentation at the event. Two additional pouches stitched by Robin of Thornwood have been received. This brings a total of 3 extra pouches in Mistress Sabrina's possession for emergency purposes. She has, however, volunteers for the making of Rose Pouches to 2015!
        >
        > Crown/Mist Napkin Project: The project coordinator has changed hands as Sorcha Fhionn inghean uí Ruairc (sadly) is moving out of the area. She has coordinated this project for many years with grace and will be sorely missed. Her successor is Catherine Lorraine of Stonegate Manor. She had volunteers for the rest of the year and is looking for volunteers for next year. Napkins are stitched for the Mists Royalty as well as the West Royals. Please contact her if you wish to stitch for this project.
        >
        > War Cloak Update: Katherine de Langelei and Isela di Bari are working out the design details. The War Cloak to be delivered before July of 2014. Some elements of the design will be embroidered by others in the guild. If you'd like to be part of this project, please contact either of the above for more details.
        >
        > Replacement Royal Throne Cushions: Materials are still being gathered.
        >
        > Guild Pavilion: Guild Minister with the general approval of the guild will continue to research costs and styles for a pavilion for the guild. An Eric worth shade that is simple to put up for one/two people is being looked into. For many years, the guild has been off the Eric. With a Guild Pavilion open to all guild members to rest their feet as well as bring new folk into the guild and expand the interest in needlework in general is the generally thought to be a good one for the Guild.
        >
        > Largess Project: The project will be coifs and fighting card pouches. The Guild Minister will provide the patterns for the coifs. Two styles: earlier period 2 piece and later period 3 piece. We will have a display at October Crown A & S of these pieces with the finished work to be presented next year at March Crown. If you'd like to stitch one of these items (or more if you wish), please contact me.
        >
        > If you have some other item you want to stitch, you are not restricted to the above. I will accept all finished needleworked items for March Crown 2014.
        >
        > West Kingdom Towne Faire: The guild voted to have a presence at this new event in April 2014 at Tres Pinos. We will have demonstrations. I'd like to have all periods of needlework shown. We will discuss more but put your thinking caps on as this event could also be a fundraiser as well.
        >
        > In Service
        > Jocelyn of Rowenwood
        > WK Needleworkers Guild Minister
        >
        >
      • tongarii
        I have searched the web pages for the fighters card pattern and I cannot find it. If anyone has a pattern for this item, which was suggested at the June Crown
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          I have searched the web pages for the fighters card pattern and I cannot find it.

          If anyone has a pattern for this item, which was suggested at the June Crown meeting, could you please supply the link. I Googled "fighter pouch" "fighter card pouch" and did not get any success.

          If someone could tell the the dimensions of the fighter card, I can come up with a pattern. I'm assuming they would like a belt loop on the back.

          Coif patterns: early coif and later coif and Viking hood will be up soon. I'll post the patterns up here on the groups.

          Jocelyn of Rowenwood
          West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild Minister



          >
          > Largess Project: The project will be coifs and fighting card pouches. The Guild Minister will provide the patterns for the coifs. Two styles: earlier period 2 piece and later period 3 piece. We will have a display at October Crown A & S of these pieces with the finished work to be presented next year at March Crown. If you'd like to stitch one of these items (or more if you wish), please contact me.
          >
        • Conny Fitzsimmons (Catherine Lorraine)
          Hi Faye, the fighter card is the same size and our SCA membership card. Catherine Lorraine
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Faye,

            the fighter card is the same size and our SCA membership card.
            Catherine Lorraine

            On 6/28/2013 6:16 AM, tongarii wrote:
            > I have searched the web pages for the fighters card pattern and I cannot find it.
            >
            > If anyone has a pattern for this item, which was suggested at the June Crown meeting, could you please supply the link. I Googled "fighter pouch" "fighter card pouch" and did not get any success.
            >
            > If someone could tell the the dimensions of the fighter card, I can come up with a pattern. I'm assuming they would like a belt loop on the back.
            >
            > Coif patterns: early coif and later coif and Viking hood will be up soon. I'll post the patterns up here on the groups.
            >
            > Jocelyn of Rowenwood
            > West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild Minister
            >
            >
            >
            >>
            >> Largess Project: The project will be coifs and fighting card pouches. The Guild Minister will provide the patterns for the coifs. Two styles: earlier period 2 piece and later period 3 piece. We will have a display at October Crown A & S of these pieces with the finished work to be presented next year at March Crown. If you'd like to stitch one of these items (or more if you wish), please contact me.
            >>
            >
            >
            >
            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > ==================(|) __--__--__--__--__--
            >
            > Needlework articles and information about the Guild:
            > http://wkneedle.bayrose.org
            >
            > ==================(|) --__--__--__--__--__
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
            >
          • Evaine ni MacGreger
            Greetings Jocelyn; I couldn t find the pattern I remembered either - it s possible it was someone s variation on the needle case pattern as they re pretty
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              Greetings Jocelyn;

              I couldn't find the pattern I remembered either - it's possible it was
              someone's variation on the needle case pattern as they're pretty close
              to the same size. The cards are 2.25" x 3.5" - the same as a membership
              card.

              YIS;

              Evaine

              --
              Evaine ni MacGreger
              Principality of the Mists
              Kingdom of the West
              www.i-ddb.com/alterego/

              On 6/28/2013 6:16 AM, tongarii wrote:
              > I have searched the web pages for the fighters card pattern and I cannot find it.
              >
              > If anyone has a pattern for this item, which was suggested at the June Crown meeting, could you please supply the link. I Googled "fighter pouch" "fighter card pouch" and did not get any success.
              >
              > If someone could tell the the dimensions of the fighter card, I can come up with a pattern. I'm assuming they would like a belt loop on the back.
              >
              > Coif patterns: early coif and later coif and Viking hood will be up soon. I'll post the patterns up here on the groups.
              >
              > Jocelyn of Rowenwood
              > West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild Minister
              >
              >
              >
              >> Largess Project: The project will be coifs and fighting card pouches. The Guild Minister will provide the patterns for the coifs. Two styles: earlier period 2 piece and later period 3 piece. We will have a display at October Crown A & S of these pieces with the finished work to be presented next year at March Crown. If you'd like to stitch one of these items (or more if you wish), please contact me.
              >>
              >
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > ==================(|) __--__--__--__--__--
              >
              > Needlework articles and information about the Guild:
              > http://wkneedle.bayrose.org
              >
              > ==================(|) --__--__--__--__--__
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
            • tongarii
              For cards that small, we could use the sweetbag dimensions. I m now thinking about a round pouch. Embroider the fabric. Make a gathering around the top and
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 28, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                For cards that small, we could use the sweetbag dimensions.

                I'm now thinking about a round pouch. Embroider the fabric. Make a gathering around the top and pull it together. Such a pouch could be for games, coins, glasses or carkeys.

                Jocelyn

                --- In WKneedle@yahoogroups.com, Evaine ni MacGreger <evaine@...> wrote:
                >
                > Greetings Jocelyn;
                >
                > I couldn't find the pattern I remembered either - it's possible it was
                > someone's variation on the needle case pattern as they're pretty close
                > to the same size. The cards are 2.25" x 3.5" - the same as a membership
                > card.
                >
                > YIS;
                >
                > Evaine
                >
                > --
                > Evaine ni MacGreger
                > Principality of the Mists
                > Kingdom of the West
                > www.i-ddb.com/alterego/
                >
                > On 6/28/2013 6:16 AM, tongarii wrote:
                > > I have searched the web pages for the fighters card pattern and I cannot find it.
                > >
                > > If anyone has a pattern for this item, which was suggested at the June Crown meeting, could you please supply the link. I Googled "fighter pouch" "fighter card pouch" and did not get any success.
                > >
                > > If someone could tell the the dimensions of the fighter card, I can come up with a pattern. I'm assuming they would like a belt loop on the back.
                > >
                > > Coif patterns: early coif and later coif and Viking hood will be up soon. I'll post the patterns up here on the groups.
                > >
                > > Jocelyn of Rowenwood
                > > West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild Minister
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >> Largess Project: The project will be coifs and fighting card pouches. The Guild Minister will provide the patterns for the coifs. Two styles: earlier period 2 piece and later period 3 piece. We will have a display at October Crown A & S of these pieces with the finished work to be presented next year at March Crown. If you'd like to stitch one of these items (or more if you wish), please contact me.
                > >>
                > >
                > >
                > > ------------------------------------
                > >
                > > ==================(|) __--__--__--__--__--
                > >
                > > Needlework articles and information about the Guild:
                > > http://wkneedle.bayrose.org
                > >
                > > ==================(|) --__--__--__--__--__
                > >
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                >
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.