Re: Who made this tapestry

  • Jane Urbach
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
      This tapestry was made by Antir, I think it was in the Barony of the Three
      Mountains. Numerous people contributed to its construction,
      spinning wool and doing the embroidery. It was completed in time for
      the 30th year celebration and presented in court celebrating the foundation
      of the SCA in the West and then the numerous branches that sprang from a
      birthday party in Berkeley.

      Jania of Call Duck Manor, O.L, O.P.
    • Heather Rose Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
        Based on the armory appearing in the lower left (separate from the kingdom-tree) I suspect it was done by the Barony of Adiantum (roughly: Eugene OR).

        Tangwystyl

        On Apr 26, 2013, at 9:37 AM, Jane Urbach wrote:

        > This tapestry was made by Antir, I think it was in the Barony of the Three
        > Mountains. Numerous people contributed to its construction,
        > spinning wool and doing the embroidery. It was completed in time for
        > the 30th year celebration and presented in court celebrating the foundation
        > of the SCA in the West and then the numerous branches that sprang from a
        > birthday party in Berkeley.
        >
        > Jania of Call Duck Manor, O.L, O.P.
        >

        > ------------------------------------

      • Jane Urbach
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
          Sorry I got the wrong group of creators, I was just remembering off the top
          of my head. The tapestry lived at my house for a while, but now I don't
          know if Kingdom Regalia has it. It has not been displayed at 12th night
          which is where it was seen several times. I know that at one time,
          preservation instructions were researched so that it would be safe guarded.

          I remember talking to one of the creators, all the thread was hand spun and
          hand dyed and it took about a year to make from design to completion. Up
          close and touching makes one almost drool as they were trying to use period
          techniques and keep it in the same style throughout no matter who was doing
          the needlework.. I can't remember it the backing was also hand woven or not.

          Jania