Rose Pouch Project

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      At the meeting we discussed that this is truly a largesse project. The pouch is delivered - sufficiently in advance to not panic the Patron. The Patron in charge, hands it to the Queen - shortly before she steps down (usually just before the last court). The Patron tells the Queen that it is from the Guild as a gift and the name of the needleworker. Pictures of the pouch and the name of the needleworker is recorded on the website for all to enjoy.

      The project also has guidelines and they are in the handout in the files section. The Rose is prominent and usually the only item on the front of the pouch. In some cases, with advance approval, there is a deviation from this. The background should be gold, white, cream or in some cases red. The rose is red petals, green leaves, and gold center. The rose should be one of the ones from the handout.

      The why we do it this way, is to keep the pouches identifiable. Like livery, when you see it you know it is part of a "whole".

      This project has been going on now for 10 years. Many thanks go to the needleworkers who have given of their time and talents to give something special to each of Our Queens.

      Since there are a few special things planned, I will not post the whole list at present, but will do so later this year.

      Here is the list going forward:
      year - presentation date - due date - Person assigned
      2013 Purgatorio (June Crown) Jocelyn of Rowenwood
      2014 12th Night (Oct Crown) Catherine Lorraine
      2014 Beltane (March Crown) Margery Garret
      2014 Purgatorio (June Crown) Alethia Elphinstone – delivered
      2015 12th Night (Oct Crown) Katherine de Langelei
      2015 Beltane (March Crown) Vashti
      2015 Purgatorio (June Crown) Petronella

      If anyone is interested in doing a pouch please let me know.

      In addition, probably for Collegium, I will be holding a class. We will do applique roses for a pouch. The participant gets to choose the style of decoration (gold leather edging, couched gold braid, stitches, etc). The participant will complete the pouch and turn it into the Guild.

      If we have enough, "extra" pouches on hand, the proceeds from the class may go to presenting prior Queens, who are still active a pouch, or they may be kept to fill in as needed.

      Guild Patron