Paternayan (Persian) Yarn

  • Ellen of the Western Wind
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2012
      For those of you who are interested in doing needlepoint or petite point projects.

      While talking to the owner of Thumbelina Needlework shop in Solvang on Saturday I discovered the reason for the lack of Paternayan yarns. The owner of the company died last year and the heirs have decided to halt production.

      Unfortunately this downturn has hit Solvang fairly hard and she isn't sure how long she will be able to stay in business, it depends on the Christmas season. (She is hidden in one of the courtyards off of Coppenhagen street, no through foot traffic to speak of).

      Brenda and her husband own the shop and they do still have a decent selection of these yarns at the moment. She also carries the blank canvas in several sizes.

      If you are interested her name is Brenda Knudsen and you can reach her by E-mail at info@.... Phone #: (805) 688-4136 The website is http://www.thumbelina.com/

      I told her I would mention her shop to my needleworker friends.

      YIS

      Ellen