Greetings and Questions

  • Cascata
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2012
      Greetings to those of you far from the frontier,

      I write to you from the Stronghold of Warrior's Gate in the Palatine Barony of the Far West. (Mundanely known as Korea and Asia respectively). One of our current pushes is to be recognized more by our brethren (and sisteren) in the more populated and established baronies.

      Our current Baroness, Lady Thomasina de Buckley, and myself, thought that getting involved with the guild might be worked on as part of this desire to be more well known. We would like to participate in the Sojourner's Program. However, we would not be able to bring our needlework to an event in the heart of the West. It is far too expensive to travel such distances, especially for busy teachers like ourselves.

      We were wondering if we could find some solution to this problem. Our favorite solution (used here as part of the A&S coronet tournaments) is that woe would take many photos of each piece and e-mail you the photos as well as the documentation. If that does not prove to be acceptable we could mail you the three objects in a single box, each with documentation e-mailed to match, and ready to be printed out. Would either of these solutions be acceptable?

      Hopefully,
      Lady Cascata di Orso
      AKA Cascata Nerina Bjornsdottir
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2012
        Greetings unto Lady Casata ,

        I personally think it is fantastic that the members of the great and
        glorious Palatine Barony of the Far West are interested in the Sojourners
        program, however what is currently published on the Guild website is in
        the process of a total and complete revamping of the program...... The
        new and less complicated guidelines will be published soon.

        Duchess Catherine Lorraine, OL, OP
        Guild Patron

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2012
          Hello again Lady Casi,

          Subject: Re: Greetings and Questions

          Thank you for your quick response Your Grace.

          Your reply leaves me with both a question and a request. The question is,
          "Is there any timeline on 'soon'?" The request is that in writing up these
          simpler ways of doing things, even if you don't write them into the rules,
          you remember us out here and are willing to make exceptions. Not exceptions
          in what is "good enough," but exceptions in how things are presented to be
          examined to be "good enough." As precedence I cite the fact that the West's
          Crown has made exceptions for us numerous times due to the simple distance.

          Well as to the soon, I personally am hoping this will be settled at the
          next Guild meeting which will be at Kingdom A & S on June 19th, I can't
          promise that, but that is what I am hoping.

          I have been in discussion about your situation because of the distance,
          with one of the other Guild Patrons Mistress Isela di Bari, and we were
          thinking that possible digital photos of your work in progress both front
          and back might be just what would be needed, and of course along with your
          email of your documentation. Macro lens on digital cameras these days are
          fantastic for taking pictures of needlework.... Again this will be
          discussed at the meeting in June.....

          We would love to have participation from the Palentine Barony of the Far
          West and definitely want to make it as easy for you to participate as
          possible because of the distance....

          I have bookmarked your email address and will correspond with you as to the
          discussion from the Guild meeting in June.

          I have a question for you, have you read the minutes from the March Crown
          meeting that were posted about a week after Crown? One of the discussions
          was largess for the Crown which would be due at 12th Night, it would be
          really cool to have items from the Far West. Anyone that is interested in
          needlework is encouraged to participate. If any of you are interested in
          participating, I would be more than happy to accept items mailed to me
          directly, I would see that they are part of the presentation at 12th Night
          from the Guild...... and make it know that to Their Majesties that these
          were from the Far West.....

          Catherine Lorraine

          Thank you so much again,
          Lady Casi