Interest Survey for Special Class

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2002
      For those of you who attended last years class in Goldwork with Linn
      Skinner, you already have an idea of who and what is being considered.

      In short, Linn Skinner would be most interested in returning and
      teaching a class in silk shading. She was trained at the Royal
      School of Embroidery in the UK in this method where the same stitches
      on a flat plane are used to create a dimensional effect with color.
      The stitch is a long and short split stitch also known as Kensington
      stitch.

      The one drawback is that the technique here is definitely 18th C and
      what is known as needlepainting. It is beautiful and the basis for
      all those wonderfully embroidered shawls, vests and coats. The bonus
      is that it is a wonderful technique and the training would help
      improve our understanding and use of split stitch and color overall.

      Tentative date would be Saturday, Sept 21, 2002 at my home in Half
      Moon Bay, from 9:30 - 4:30. We would need 12 minimum and 16 would be
      the absolute maximum. Cost would be around $100 but hopefully less
      as we are working to share the transportation costs with another
      group. We would be working on linen with, hopefully, Pearsalls silk.

      Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in my pursuing this with her.

      "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."