Danegeld Tor Bardic Tea

  • wulfgirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2002
      March 3, 2002
      Danegeld Tor Bardic Tea
      Danegeld Tor (Sacramento, CA)

      Soon begins the season for camping: Fighting, Camp Cooking, and
      Bardic Circles by the fire. Come and prepare for it all at the
      Danegeld Tor Bardic Tea. Competitions will be held for the Best
      Favor Not Using Embroidery – Favors for Fighters and Favors for
      Consorts, Best Period Finger Food – Savory Snacks and Sweet Treats,
      Best Period-Style Non-Alcoholic Beverage, Best Period-Style Poem,
      Best Period-Style Song and Best Filk on an SCA Camping Theme.
      Prizes will be awarded for each Category. Please bring Documentation
      for Period and Period-Style Entries. Please bring enough of each
      food entry for at least a dozen people to taste it, as said entries
      will be shared with the rest of the party after the Judges have made
      their choices. Also, Please bring multiple copies with your name on
      them for recipes entries that you're willing to share, as the Shire
      would like to begin collecting recipes for a Danegeld Tor Shire
      Cookbook. (All recipes used in the cookbook will of course credit
      their authors and list known awards won with said recipes.)
      Volunteers for Judging the Competitions are asked to call Lord
      Porfire Porfirevich or Lady Krystyan Maynwaring, before Sunday,
      February 24.

      Site Information: The site fee is $5 per person (no charge for
      children under 10 years). The Location is the community room of the
      Arden-Dimick Library, corner of Watt Ave. and Northrop Ave. in
      Sacramento. The site opens at 1 pm and closes at 6 pm. Volunteers
      for clean-up are welcome. Those who stay past 6 pm will be
      volunteers for clean-up.

      Directions: From the East, take Hwy-50 or I-80 West to the Watt Ave.
      exit. From the West, take Hwy-50 or I-80 East to the Watt Ave.
      Exit. From Hwy-50 take Watt Ave. North, past Fair Oaks Blvd., to
      Northrop Ave. From I-80 take Watt Ave. South, past Arden Blvd. to
      Northrop Ave. The Arden-Dimick Library is on the corner of Watt Ave.
      and Northrop Ave. From the North or South take I-5 or Hyw-99 to
      either Hyw-50 or I-80 and then follow the instructions above.

      Autocrat: Juliana di Rossi (Janet Evans) / (916) 979-0199 /
      Wulfgirl@...
      Other Contacts: Lord Porfire Porfirevich (Stephen Bergdahl), A+S
      Officer / (916) 492-2731 / madly@..., and Lady Kyrstyan
      Maynwaring (Shannon Laney), Shire Seneschal /
      (916) 944-4496 / kyrstyan@...

      Note: This event is not co-sponsored by the Sacramento Public Library
      Authority.