Fw: applique on leather - Research Help Requested

  • Katherine de Langelei
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2011
      I am forwarding a request from Atlantia for some help on Leather Applique research (see below).
      Has anyone been reseaching leather applique recently and have anything to share?
      Thanks!
      Katherine

      Katherine de Langelei
      West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild Minister
      West Kingdom Gold Key
      Principality of the Mists Gold Key (Unless you'd like the job???)
      Still Mother of Teenager

      "Have garb, will travel"

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2011
        Which period?

        AASt.G

        Greetings to the Esteemed Guild Minister!

        I have a friend who is working on a leather project- a pilgrims' bag witha
        device appliqued onto the bag.  The device and bag are made from leather.
        She is having a bit of difficulty finding any documentation on leather
        applique and I was wondering if you, or your Guild would have any
        information that could help her.

        I would be grateful for any assistance you could lend.

        My thanks and my wished for a good and warm day to you during this winter
        chill!

        Countess Rowan Berran McDowell
        Atlantia

        I praise you for your success in being you; you praise me for my success in
        being me. In your purity you make me pure. In your wholeness you make me
        whole. In my service you serve me. I bow to all, because I bow to you.

        -Hallaj: Tawasin

        ------------------------------------

      • Jania
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2011
          I have a book , I think it is on quilting(I would have to look for it) which shows a piece like a patch work wall hanging done in 2 colors of leather. I could look for the picture and scan it and information that would be of interest to the person.

          Jania
        • Chiara Francesca
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2011
            Well, glovemaking tips but not sure if they will work for what she is doing.

            You want to use glover's needles that you would use for beading. Something that is like a size 10 or smaller and if you have to go through the same hole again change needles as glover's needles have triangular blades at the tip.

            Chiara Francesca
            (said in my best southern drawl) You want a silver lining to that sad, little, cloud; come sit by me. :)

            :
            : Katherine de Langelei
            : West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild Minister
            : West Kingdom Gold Key
            : Principality of the Mists Gold Key (Unless you'd like the job???)
            : Still Mother of Teenager
            :
            : "Have garb, will travel"
            :
            : --- On Wed, 1/19/11, Denise McMahon <denise@...> wrote:
            :
            :
            : From: Denise McMahon <denise@...>
            : To: delangelia@...
            : Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 8:31 AM
            :
            :
[...]
            : [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            :
            :
            :
            : ------------------------------------
            :
            : ==================(|) __--__--__--__--__--
            :
            : Needlework articles and information about the Guild:
            : http://wkneedle.bayrose.org
            :
            :
            : Yahoo! Groups Links