October Crown Minutes

  • delangelia
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      Greetings unto the West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild members of the list: Greetings to the members of the West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild from you Guild Minister, Katherine de Langelei,

      The meeting of the West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild was called to order at approximately 2:00 PM on the Saturday of October Crown, AS XLV (2010).

      Rose Pouch Update
      Sabrina de la Bere reported that the Rose Project has volunteers signed up through Purg of 2012. Sabrina also expressed the desire to have 2 spare pouches for emergency's and has requested volunteers – please contact Sabrina if you are interested.

      Royal Napkin Project Update
      Sorcha Fhionn inghean uí Ruairc reported that the Royal Napkin Project is proceeding with volunteers signed up through 2012. If you would like to volunteer your skills, please contact Sorcha. And thank you to Robin Thornwood for turning in her beautiful napkins!

      West/An Tir Cloak Project Update
      Jocelyn of Rowenwood reports that all is going well with the cloak project due in 2012.

      Book Cover Project Update
      Katherine de Langelei reported that 14 people had signed up for the Book Cover Project, handed out six more kits and amended her report to 20 people signed up :-) It has come to my attention that at least one kit did not survive the mailing process to arrive at its intended location. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED you kit yet, please email me and I will send a new one. Book Covers are due June Crown 2011, but if you want to complete yours for the display at 12th Night there's chocolate in it for you…

      12th Night Planning
      Katherine de Langelei suggested, and the multitude agreed with enthusiasm that we should have a breakfast party for the Guild at 12th night. Details to be worked and sent to the list – watch for them!

      New Project: Fundraiser Presentation
      A new project was suggested to the Guild by Isela di Bari and Katherine de Langelei which was accepted. The following announcement will be sent out forthwith:

      "My Lords and Ladies…..The West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild is joining hands with the October Crown Fairies to raise money for breast cancer research and awareness. We're calling our campaign…STITCH FOR THE CURE!
      You do NOT need to be a member of the Guild to participate - all are welcome!
      The Fundraiser will be a silent auction of embroidered items to be held at October Crown 2011, where they will be displayed. You can either stitch an item of your own choice, or you can choose to stitch one of the following: Haversack, pouch, napkins, table runner, needlebooks with or without pincushions, table covering for a small table, book cover, scissor case, trim, covered buttons or pillows. To sign up, please contact either Guild Minister Katherine de Langelei (delangelia@...) Tel: (650) 269-8228 or Coordinator Isela di Bari (dcobb@...) Tel: (831) 385-3040."

      Service Award Presentation
      Sorcha Fhionn inghean uí Ruairc was presented with the Service Award from the Guild for her tireless efforts on behalf of our group. Her patch was displayed on the Service Award Banner and her name entered into the Guild History Book. Huzzah!

      Recruiting Brainstorming
      It was suggested that the new Stitch for the Cure project could be utilized for recruiting purposes, as well as the 12th night display and party.

      There being no more business brought before the Guild the meeting was declared adjourned (champagne sadly missing this time around – I'll work on that ;-)).

      In service to the Crowns of the West and the West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild,

      Katherine de Langelei
      West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild Minister
      Principality of the Mists Gold Key
      Mother of Teenager

      "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt".