March Crown Is Upon Us!

  • delangelia
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2010
      And let me tell you, all the cool kids will be hangin' with the Needleworkers' Guild Saturday afternoon :-)

      I will once again be hosting the Guild, as our usual pavilion home is unavailable at this time. (Huzzah for my Lord Sven for spending his whole weekend cutting and sanding poles so we can have a large pavilion to meet in!) We will be setting up on the Eric, on one of the corners, with the intention of providing additional space for fighters. I thought we'd try something new this time, so that our members may partake of the Guild activities without sacrificing their duty to their fighters (yes, that means you Catherine, and Thiea, and Aelia and Sabrina and…). I will be providing a limited amount of refreshments, feel free to bring beverages and muchies of choice... (but with out fail PLEASE bring chairs!)

      We will have an open workshop hosted by Caiterina nic Sheamus, who has kindly offered to reprise her ill fated October blackwork workshop for beginners (Please note that the appropriate sacrifices have been made to the divinities in charge of automobiles this time). She will have materials, books and instructions to share with the willing. But you don't need to be a beginner to come hang out with us; any and all may drop in and stitch in our shade throughout the day. The workshop/drop in will begin one hour after the end of Invocation and will end with the call for final round.

      The Meeting will begin at 2 PM. And my fellow Guild members we have things to discuss;

      1) We need a new largess project. Yes, it is true, we have none in the works at this time. But what shall we make this time to show off the talents of our members? Sweet Bags? Book Covers? Something much more simple? Thoughts? Opinions? Email me and I'll add them to the agenda.

      2) We are due to provide a display for A&S at June Crown, which is a mere three months away. Are we ready? What do we have to show that we have not shown before? Do we want a theme? Do we want our new largess project done by June Crown to show off on our display?? Thoughts? Opinions? Email me and I'll add them to the agenda.

      3) The Kingdom populous badge for our SCA serving overseas; it's time to get this project going. We need to make a final decision on what form this token should take so we can make up kits – and shall we promote this as a learning kit too? Also, is anyone interested in taking charge of the organizing (read herding kittens) of this project? Thoughts? Opinions? Email me and I'll add them to the agenda.

      4) Napkins for Royals: It has been suggested that we sponsor the making of embroidered napkins for the Crown and for those Coronets who do not already have a Principality level guilds (read "Cynagua") to accomplish this task. Sorcha has offered to organize this project. Thoughts? Opinions? Email me and I'll add them to the agenda.

      So come to the Eric, look for the Guild banner hanging from the front of a large white pavilion and know you (and your fighter) shall be welcome.

      Katherine de Langelei
      West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild Minister
      Principality of the Mists Gold Key
      Mother of Teenager
      "Well yes, I am THAT Katherine... no wait! I can explain...! ;-)"
    • KyrinnaArias@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2010
        Hi, fellow stitchers!

        I am excited to try the Forum at Crown - Woodland is almost walking distance so hopefully there will be no disasters!

        Beginners are welcome, but it is also geared for embroiderers of all skill levels who are interested in Blackwork. I will have supplies, and I encourage everyone to brng materials, resurces, and projects to share, work on, plan, and discuss. It's planned as an drop-in open forum to "talk needle arts" with a Blackwork focus, instead of a formal time-restricted class. So come! It will be as fun, productive, and informative as you make it!

        ~Cait