Pics from 2009 symposium

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
      Greetings,

      Photos from the 2009 IKINS symposium are now posted on the IKINS website in
      the Photos section under the 2009 IKINS file for Display and Classes.

      Some of my photos did not do justice to some of the needlework displayed, so
      Eowyn..could you upload some photos of your padded goldworked animal head
      and the blackworked sweetbag with your name on it? Francesca, could you
      upload a photo of your embroidered glove and the piece your class was
      working on? Catherine, could you upload a full length pic of your OMG coat
      and specifically pics of Iulitta's padded work with silver metal thread? And
      Teleri, if you could upload some photos of your or nue work that would be
      great.

      If anyone would like to more fully describe the work that they did on their
      needlework (style, stitches, threads, historic info,etc.).that would be
      great. For example, Ceinwen ferch Belyn did a piece based on the 13th c.
      Goss Vestments. We'd love to hear more about your piece. And
      Sabrina..maybe you could upload a photo of your gollar when it is completely
      open and tell us a little about it. The beadwork is wonderful!

      Also, if anyone has completed any of the class projects from either last
      year's or this year's symposium.we'd also love to see and hear about them.

      And thanks again to everyone who brought their needlework to share with us
      at this year's display!

      Isela

    • Krista Barber
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
        For those of us that aren't a member of the group, is there any chance that these photos can also be placed on a Flickr page or the like? We would like to ooh and aah, too, preferably without having to join yet another Yahoo group.

        Thanks,
        Aelia

        The website for IKINS is: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/IKINS/

        If anyone would like to more fully describe the work that they did on their
        needlework (style, stitches, threads, historic info,etc.).that would be
        great. For example, Ceinwen ferch Belyn did a piece based on the 13th c.
        Goss Vestments. We'd love to hear more about your piece. And
        Sabrina..maybe you could upload a photo of your gollar when it is completely
        open and tell us a little about it. The beadwork is wonderful!

        Also, if anyone has completed any of the class projects from either last
        year's or this year's symposium.we' d also love to see and hear about them.

        And thanks again to everyone who brought their needlework to share with us
        at this year's display!

        Isela

      • Sorcha
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
          I have some photos from the IKINS display on my FlickR site...
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/sorchafhionn/sets/72157622601641363/

          Sorcha

          For those of us that aren't a member of the group, is there any chance that these photos can also be placed on a Flickr page or the like? We would like to ooh and aah, too, preferably without having to join yet another Yahoo group.

          Thanks,
          Aelia

        • Katherine de Langelei
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
            Thank you Debra for all of your hard work - it really paid off in a wonderful event for everyone!

            Katherine de Langelei
            West Kingdom Needleworker's Guild Minister

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
              Thank you Katherine, but it was really a team effort that made this event
              wonderful. And in the end it was all those who attended the event and
              supported the classes that made it a success.

              P.S. And thank you for setting up the wonderful Fri. eve. dinner. I must
              tell all my friends about this place because the food was great...right down
              to the last dolma!

              Isela

              _____