Refresher course in pekoes

  • Krista Barber
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
      Hello all,

      I need a refresher course in pekoes. Is anyone knowledgable in making them able to meet me at 12th Night to go over them? I can bribe with cookies.

      Alternatively, are there any online resources someone can point me to? The interwebs are failing me.

      Please respond offline if you can help.

      Thanks,
      Aelia

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
        Hi Aelia,

        What kind of picots are you asking to learn about? need a little more
        information ....

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
          Didn't know there were more than one. And as many pointed out (thanks all!), what I really meant was "picot." Like at the bottom of this page:

          http://www.artsanddesigns.com/cgi-bin/makeGlossary.pl?category=embroidery§ion=W

          I'd still like to go over it with someone who's knowledgable in them, and I think I have a lead.

          Thanks much,
          Aelia

          What kind of   picots  are you asking to learn about?  need a little more information ....
          Catherine Lorraine

          ----- Original Message ----- From: "Krista Barber" <madrigal_chick@...>

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
            Hi Aelia,

            Well that is one type of picot that I have not done. Am familiar with
            picots in crochet and also in hardanger work, but not this one. Sorry.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
              Hey Aelia,
              I am by no means a master of picots, but I've done them a few times, they are a fun texture addition.  I'd be happy to do some stitching time at 12th Nite and problem solve, work on the picots some more.
              brid

            • Katherine de Langelei
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2009
                Okay, you guys gave me ideas again (always a dangerous thing...)
                shall we see about setting aside a wee bit of room next to the guild display at 12th night for a "drop in and stitch" through out the day?
                After all, we need to man the display table anyway, so why not have fun while doing it :-)

                Thoughts?

                Katherine

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2009
                  That sounds like fun. Maybe bring some teaching materials in case anyone is interested in a casual class? Not just the picots, I'm thinking other stuff too. I've been doing that at the last couple of crowns and had more fun with that than I've had in ages.

                  BUT: can you check with whomever is running the larger display space about reserving extra space? It might be a good thing to see if we can do this before getting all crazy with plans.

                  Did I miss something about manning the guild display table? Did a sign up sheet go around? I didn't see anything, but I'd be happy to sit for an hour or two between choir and the play.

                  Ta,
                  Aelia

                • Katherine de Langelei
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2009
                    no, you didn't miss anything about signing up to man the display...yet ;-)  I'm waiting to see exactly how much space we'll get and if we can be next to the Artisan's display or not... so I'll know how many and how long etc... stay tuned!

                    Of course they are saving us room for a display.  I've requested that our display be in the main hallway so we are not shut out of the fun in a tiny lonely room somewhere... and so we'll get much more foot traffic.

                    This may mean less room (still working on details with the site folk), but I think we can work it out. I'm looking at this as one of the best times to reach out to folks who may be interested but too shy to approach at Crowns... so being in the middle of things is much more desirable for this purpose.

                    If we can pull off a few chairs to one side to draw them in and get them stitching... well, that would be good :-)

                    Katherine
                    (the evil plotting Guild Minister)