Re: [WKneedle] Poll results for WKneedle

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
      >POLL QUESTION: What kinds of classes would you like to see the
      >Needleworkers Guild offer at Crown events?

      I've reordered the replies by number of votes, most first, and
      alphabetized the responses.

      CHOICES AND RESULTS

      - Costume embroidery, 11 votes, 6.04%
      - Gold work, 11 votes, 6.04%

      - Elizabethan embroidery, 10 votes, 5.49%
      - Embroidery for household items, 10 votes, 5.49%

      - Beadwork, 9 votes, 4.95%
      - Early (Pre-1000 AD) embroidery, 9 votes, 4.95%
      - Reticella (needle lace), 9 votes, 4.95%
      - Smocking, 9 votes, 4.95%

      - Blackwork, 8 votes, 4.40%
      - Drawn or pulled thread (whitework), 8 votes, 4.40%
      - Laid work (Bayeux tapestry), 8 votes, 4.40%
      - Saxon/Viking embroidery, 8 votes, 4.40%

      - Applique, 7 votes, 3.85%
      - Brick stitch (counted-thread flat stitch), 7 votes, 3.85%
      - Couching (applied cord), 7 votes, 3.85%
      - Split stitch, 7 votes, 3.85%

      - Byzantine embroidery, 6 votes, 3.30%
      - Cross stitch, 6 votes, 3.30%
      - Trapunto (corded or stuffed quilting), 6 votes, 3.30%

      - Basic embroidery, 5 votes, 2.75%
      - Canvaswork (tent stitch, "needlepoint"), 5 votes, 2.75%
      - Lacis (embroidered net), 5 votes, 2.75%
      - Pattern darning, 5 votes, 2.75%

      - Quilting, 4 votes, 2.20%

      - Other (please explain in e-mail), 2 votes, 1.10%

      I'm curious what those 2 Others were...
      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 1:01 AM
        The following WKneedle poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: While the Rose Pouch project has people signed up through 2015 and through the grace of others I have 3 extra pouches, it would be nice to have a few more "extra" to fill in when needed or interest wanes. To that end I would like to have a class or workshop to "produce" some pouches. If class it will be held at Collegium and pretty bare bones. You take the class, the materials and return a completed applique version pouch. If workshop it would be about 6 hours, held next spring in Half Moon Bay. It would have applique, decoration with leather or couched cord/braid/etc, how to make a finger loop braid, indepth finishing, etc. Taking the poll does not commit you to attend either way.

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - 2 hour Collegium class, 2 votes, 33.33%
        - day long workshop, 4 votes, 66.67%

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WKneedle