Reminder - 12th Night

  • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2001

      12th Night

      Date: Saturday, January 5, 2002
      Time: All Day

      WK Needleworkers Guild:
      Remember we are planning on doing a display table hopefully with
      your table decoration, pillows, chair coverings or other
      needleworked items for feast or camp. Please let me know what
      you will be bringing.

      There will be a basket to drop off items for evaluation for the
      Apprenticeship Program - please drop off by noon and pick up at
      4 pm.

      I will be scheduling classes soon so let me know what classes
      you would like to see or teach in this coming year.

      Laurel Prize Tourny:
      There will be a wonderful opportunity for all artisans who are
      not
      Laurels to display their work at 12th Night. This is a separate
      display from the regular A&S display and will be held later in
      the
      day in the main Court and Display Room.

      For any artisan who wants to get feedback or just show off this
      is
      the place. This is not a competition and there are no formal
      prizes.
      The name of the event is a misnomer.

      The event is open to artisans of all levels of ability and all
      types
      of work. There is a limited amount of display area, so plan on
      bringing 1-3 items to display. We are encouraging the artist to
      remain with their work for the 2 hour event, but it is not
      required.
      Feedback sheets will be available for Laurels to provide such.

      Documentation is encouraged, but not required. However, it is
      useful
      for each work to be identified with the following information -
      artisan name (SCA)
      materials used
      source of inspiration (era, country, specific item, etc.)
      description of item on display

      It would be nice if any artisan planning to display would let me
      know.
      For further information www.bayrose.org/laurel.html

      ----------------
      Minister, Kingdom of the West Needleworkers Guild
      <http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle>http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle
      WKNeedle@yahoogroups.com
    • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005

        12th Night

        Date: Saturday, January 8, 2005
        Time: All Day

        Display 9 am - 5 pm in the A&S Room -- please bring your
        projects from this year to display - drop off as early as
        possible please
        Silent Auction - 9 am - 5 pm SHARP - final gavel-- please bring
        items to donate to the Guild for the Auction. Be sure to also
        drop by and bid often. Wonderful donations have been promised
        and you don't want to miss out adding to your stash.