New thread

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2009
      Greetings fellow embroiderers! Just saw this blurb in the newsletter from
      Needle-in-a-Haystack and thought you might be interested in knowing:

      Fleur de Paris, who is a needlework distributor has released a new
      wool thread that many are using as a replacement for DMC's discontinued
      Medici. Bellalusso is a 100% merino wool thread, about the same
      thickness as Medici but much, much softer. It comes in quite a few
      colors and for now we've picked up a few of them (white, black, navy,
      some greens, etc.). A 45 yard skein is $3.00.

      If anyone has ever used the Medici thread and were as disappointed as I when
      we found out it was being discontinued.well here's an option. I haven't
      actually seen it yet but if anyone has, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

      Have a great weekend stitching!

      Isela