Relics of St. Cuthbert

  • tn_lark
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
      I am wanting to try my hand at reproducing a portion of the maniple of St.Cuthbert in the silk and goldwork. I have some excellent silk for the project,but I'm not that familiar with many of the gold threads that are available. Has anyone here done a piece in this style that would have some recommendations? I'm thinking that one of the jap golds would work best.

      And any other suggestions/recommendations about doing such a piece would be gladly welcomed.

      -THL Iofa merch Macsen-
    • Valerie Frazier
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
        I have worked in this style and have the documentation on how the stitch is done. I used the Jap thread I got from the Japanese Embroidery Center. I believe I used the size 3.

        I am not sure where you are or how much documentation you have but I would be glad to give you what I have. Let me know.

        Letitia