or nue applique query

  • Yvianne
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Greetings all

      I have recently tried Or nue for the first time
      http://users.zoominternet.net/~yvianne/Or_nue_rose.jpg. The piece
      is far from stunning, but I learned a lot from doing it.and see
      the potential ... especially if I use multiple shades of colors
      instead of one :-)

      I have recently been asked to do an Or nue appliqué of a ducal
      coronet that can be sewn onto a cloak. I've never done a piece of
      any kind of embroidery that someone else will be using as an
      appliqué. I'm honored and excited about the project but a little
      cautious about how to proceed.

      The only directions I've been given are, the piece should be in
      Or nue, about 3x5 inches and the coronet should clearly have
      strawberry leaves.

      Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks in advance

      Yvianne de Castel d'Avignon
      AEthelmearc
      yvianne-at-zoominternet.net