Reply to list vs. sender

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2009
      I was one of the 8 or 10 people who inadvertently sent a private message to Morgana about where to find the scissor case instructions, so I'm embarrassed right along with everyone else here who forgot about the "Reply to sender" thing!

      Felicia and I (the list moderators) most recently had this discussion back in, I think it was, October. It does come up periodically.

      We set up this list as "reply to sender" when we started it because some of our guild members have only limited access to e-mail (such as only at work) or still have slow dial-up internet connections. So we have wanted to be sure that the list doesn't get overloaded with messages that really could have been sent privately. We reviewed this decision in October and decided to leave it this way, at least for now.

      (Joan Hall commmented back then that having the default be "Reply to sender" is "way better than saying 'isn't so-and-so a tiresome witch' and accidentally sending it to a whole list!")

      Hope that helps. It means we all have to keep a close eye on what shows up in the "To:" box on our e-mails, and make sure they're going where we want them to go, which I suppose we all should get in the habit of doing anyway.

      Christian de Holacombe

      0 Chris Laning
      | <claning@...>
      + Davis, California
    • Aurelia de Montfort
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2009
        Joan makes me laugh. But, she is such a tiresome...

        hee hee hee.

        Auree