RE: [WKneedle] First foray into silk embroidery

  • Ken Mayer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2008
      First off, split stitch is an easy one to pull too tight. Loosening your
      stitch tension will cure 3/4 of the problem.

      Also, doupioni silk doesn't have the tightest/most stable weave, so backing
      it with washed muslin, and stitching through both layers should solve the
      rest of your puckering problem.

      Hope these suggestions help - good luck!

      Aldith Angharad St. George