Upright Cross Question/Help

  • kitty_of_the_west
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
      Years ago, upright cross was listed as an approved stitch for the
      WKNG, and I completed a bookmark for adjudication. The upright
      crosses look like little plus signs. It was a fun, unique stitch, and
      I really enjoyed doing the piece.

      Jumping ahead to present day, I'm now getting ready to teach a class
      in crossed stitches. I've searched high and low for months, but I
      can't find any documentation for upright cross. Does anyone know of
      at least one example of upright cross being used in period? Is it
      still an approved stitch? I'd appreciate any help you could give.

      Thanks so much.

      Giuliana
    • Chiara Francesca
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
        I could be wrong as I do not have the book in front of me but there is a book with images of Mary, Queen of Scots needlework. The samples you are looking for I think are in that collection of images.

        Chiara Francesca