11th C needlework being conserved in Worchester

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      Fascinating article on the surviving vestments of of a 11th C Bishop.
      The article discusses the history, describes the piece, and has
      pictures of the items.

      http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/features/
      3562791.Needlework_stitched_nearly_1_/

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        This reminds me to mention something I've been thinking about. I
        hadn't seen this particular article (which is fascinating!) and it's
        clearly about historical needlework, in the sense that we use
        "needlework" in the West -- i.e. crafts done with a threaded needle.

        But I assume that anyone here who is interested in needlework,
        costuming, weaving, spinning or other textile arts probably
        subscribes to several other mailing lists besides this one. There are
        lots of other lists, and if anyone wants to recommend other lists
        that might be of interest, I'd say you should feel free to mention
        them here. I think I probably subscribe to more than most, since I
        "listen in" on several other kingdoms' needlework lists, for
        instance, which (if you're interested) you can find listed here:
        http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/

        The WKneedle list in particular is designed for questions about
        historical needlework and resources, and for West Kingdom needlework-
        related announcements. (People from anywhere else are of course also
        welcome, but this is our purpose.) We wholeheartedly support the
        endeavors of other lists, but I think we would appreciate people not
        forwarding to this list information that isn't _directly_ about
        historical needlework, especially if it *is* readily available on
        other widely-read lists.