Fw: Re: Class: Costume Research from Existing Garments

  • Cheryl Gremaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2008
      Maybe off topic, but I thought you might be interested.

      Cheryl - Vinhold

      #1:  Researching Costume from Surviving Garments:  From the Iceman to Charles the Bold,
      #2:  The Genealogy of Clothing Construction: Stylistic Changes Across Time and Space - handout included
      #3:  Medieval Welsh Costume: Researching Less-Documented Cultures - booklet available for sale

      Our program includes morning coffee and pastries, lunch (after the first program) hosted by Georgia Street Grill, 314 Georgia Street, Vallejo and a dessert, coffee and conversation finale.

      Our presenter is Heather Rose Jones.

      Heather was born into an academic family, she has lived at various times in three of the four corners of the continental US as well as three European countries and now currently resides in the SF Bay Area. She has a BS in zoology and spent a decade in medical research. Later she went back to school for a PhD in linguistics (specializing in Medieval Welsh prepositions). She currently works in the biotech field in various capacities.

      As a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), where she is know as Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn.  She loves to share her knowledge with anyone who will stand still long enough to listen. She is also an author and has several publications on language, historic clothing and Wales. The SCA has been an outlet for any number of her historic interests, although she has some seriously academic outlets as well. Research and teaching are great passions in her life.

      This is the second event showcasing historic clothing. Last year Vallejo MUsic Theatre hosted the authors of "The Tudor Tailor".