Guild news from June Crown

  • prplelady@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2008
      First, I'd like to thank everyone who braved the withering heat to attend the Guild activities at Crown. We appreciate your support!

      The Guild's display in the A&S pavilion was well-received. We had a number of people who volunteered to loan their cloaks, coats, and mantles for the display, including Mistress Catherine Lorraine , Duchess Kaaren Hakonsdottir, Duchess Ginevra da Ravenna, Duchess Eliana Fraser, Mistress Rowan of Hakesleah, Duchess Siobhan of Cloverdell, Duchess Mari Alexander, Duchess Constantina von Ravenna, Viscount Roric Skogan, and Phaelan ua Hoegan. Also thanks go out to Ceinwen ferch Belyn for bringing some smaller items for the display. Photos were taken of the display items, and we'll get them up on the Guild's website in the near future.

      The Pennsic Silent Auction was a great success; we had 2 large tables overflowing with items embroidered by our Guild members, plus several last-minute contributions from the populace at large. Altogether, the Auction brought in $861.00. At the Guild meeting, the members who contributed to the Pennsic Auction were presented with a little goodie bag in appreciation of their contributions. Those members who could not make it to the meeting will have their bags mailed to them in the next week.

      Also at the meeting, the names of 2 of the 3 recipients of this year's Guild Service Award were announced: Theiadora Groves & Isela di Bari. The third recipient was unable to make it to this event; her name will be announced at the next Guild meeting. Their arms are now displayed on the Service Banner (well, 2 of them are, anyway -- the 3rd will remain covered until the next meeting).

      We had a few more people sign up for the Guild's 2009 service project of scissors cases; we still need 7 more volunteers to meet our goal. If you're interested in helping with this project, please contact me.

      Yours In Service,

      Felicia Amondesham
      Guild Minister