Beginner projects?

  • unlisted@netins.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2001
      I am looking for some beginner projects. Not too time consuming,
      portable, and available. Where is a good place to start?

      I would need some pattern, or a good photograph of some medeival
      object. Any suggestions?

      Zanetka
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2001
        There are lots of small embroidery projects which can be made
        transportable. For example, many of the drawings from Schole House
        for the Needle can be drawn on linen and embroidered. Put a couple
        on a small piece for a needlecase or sachet, such as the ones offered
        as kits from the Guild.

        Another idea is to take a simple zoomorphic design from one of the
        celtic free design books. Transfer the design to a strip of cloth
        suitable as use as trim. By putting the strip on a small scroll
        frame (eg one of the 6" wide ones), you can carry your trim piece
        with you. You could also do a free hand scroll work design.

        Voided work, like Assisi, is also something to explore. Since it
        frequently was used on linens, there are a number of patterns which
        also would work on a small scroll frame.

        Minister, Kingdom of the West Needleworkers Guild
        http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle
        WKNeedle@yahoogroups.com

        "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."