fan cases

  • veann
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2008
      i was wondering if anyone had a patteren for a fan case and maybe the
      documentation to go with it? i wanted to be able to do some needle
      work on it. thanks
      anna zen
    • PJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2008
        There use to be a fan pouch in the Guild kits, but sadly it has been
        discontinued. It was designed by Mistress Jania of Call Duck Manor,
        she designed it a number of years ago as a Queen's Treasure Chest
        project.

        What kind of documentation are you looking for? Actually fan
        pouches, themselves, were not period. I did a documentation and
        documented that "fan pouches were undocumentable". Most fan-like
        pouches in period were used for holding money, eating
        utensils/chopsticks. Fans themselves were slipped into a sleeve,
        pouch or bag.

        There is a documentable Japanese silver fan box. c1880 (post period)
        but it does not look like the "fan pouches" we were on our belts at
        events.

        hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

        Sorcha