Filum Aureum #33 is up!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2008
      Filum Aureum ("The Golden Thread") is back, and issue #33 is now
      available as a downloadable PDF in the [WKneedle] group files section.

      Featured in this issue is a guest artist, Eowyn Amberdrake from our
      sister guild in Caid, with some spectacular photos and an article on
      Elizabethan Sweet Bags. Eowyn started a Sweet Bag study group in Caid
      and is working on a book on the subject, so we are happy to have her.
      The project instructions are for a square pincushion of the type
      often found attached to sweet bags, and the issue features seven
      *new* patterns for flower sprigs, drafted from unfinished
      embroideries preserved in the Carew-Pole Collection. As far as I
      know, these have not been published anywhere before this. Because the
      patterns are rather small to fit onto the issue page, larger versions
      of all 7 patterns are also available as a ZIP file:
      patterns.zip

      This material will also be up on the Guild web page shortly:
      http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle/articles.html

      Enjoy!