OT..*77 Please delete.
- Been receiveing a great deal of yelling.
I apologise if I have disturbed anyone about this. Apparently there are
other numbers other than *77.
I just thought I was trying to save a life, especially in our world
So you can just ignore and delete said info.
- caitlanofrivendell wrote:
> Been receiveing a great deal of yelling.It's sad if people are being rude... but it would have been useful to
> I apologise if I have disturbed anyone about this. Apparently there are
> other numbers other than *77.
> I just thought I was trying to save a life, especially in our world
check a little further before posting to the list. I fed "*77 cell
phone" to Google, and the first hit was
... which also has a lot of info about aspects of the story that are not
urban legend. Snopes is a good place to check for any tale that feels
truer than true....
- Hilary Powers - hilary@... - Oakland CA -
- Freelance copyediting and developmental editing -
- Author: "Making Word Work for You" - available now -
- www.the-efa.org/res/booklets.html -
- The edit you want, when you want it done. -
- Lest we inflate this tempest beyond its very small teapot, I'll just say that the desire to be helpful is a Good Thing (tm), on the whole. And it's not like this list has been overwhelmed with such messages. But it's not like [WKneedle] is going to be anyone's one and only mailing list or source of important information for living safe, healthy lives. So I'd be comfortable adding a "please don't post such messages here" sentence to our guidelines if the other moderators are. Comments?
0 Chris Laning
+ Davis, California
http://paternoster-row.org - http://paternosters.blogspot.com