12th Night

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2001
      Reposted from WestA&S List - remember we are planning on doing a
      display table hopefully with your table decoration, pillows, chair
      coverings or other needleworked items for feast or camp. Please let
      me know what you will be bringing.

      ____________

      Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:18:25 -0000
      From: cyneswith@...
      Subject: It's not too early...

      ...to start thinking about 12th Night.

      A Message from Your Kingdom A&S Officers

      The A&S display at 12th Night this year is a themed display: Camping
      at 12th Night

      Are we seriously proposing you whip out your bedroll and make
      yourself comfy? Um, No.

      What we are hoping is that you'll consider bringing and displaying
      some of the wonderful artifacts you've made to beautify and enhance
      the period atmosphere of your encampment, but that few people except
      those lucky enough to visit you at your "home away from home" ever
      get to see. We'd like everybody to take a peak inside your camp,
      without imposing on your hospitality.

      We'd like to see benches, tables, lighting solutions, textiles (for
      example, bedspreads and tablecloths), cookware, and all the other
      little odds and ends you've made to feather your nest.

      To make sure we'll have enough space - if you are planning to bring a
      *large* item, like a bed, please contact one of us in advance.

      Thanks!

      Cyneswith & Susan

      PS: In addition to the A&S themed display, several of the Kingdom
      Guilds are also planning displays. Please contact them for additional
      information about those displays.

      ----------------

      Minister, Kingdom of the West Needleworkers Guild
      http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle
      WKNeedle@yahoogroups.com

      "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
        Just a reminder that we will have a Guild table at 12th Night. If you
        want items evaluated for the Apprenticeship Program, please drop them
        off in the morning. If you have a question on a project, the person
        at the table may be able to help, if not we will match you up with a
        mentor to get your questions answered.

        We still would like a couple more people to help at the table, so
        please let us know if you can spare an hour or 2.

        We hope to have the new Filum issue there. Please drop by the table a
        pick up a copy - save the Guild the cost of postage. Donations to the
        Guild gratefully accepted.

        The kits will be available at the Guild table.

        Arts Competition is Decorated Undergarments
        A&S Display is open - anything you have done this year

        and don't forget the Laurel Prize Tourney. If you plan on
        participating, please let us know.

        Looking forward to seeing lots of you there.
        Happy New Year.

        "So simple, so beautiful, so easy - ask me how."
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
          Greetings to the members of WK Needleworkers Guild from Catherine Lorraine
          Guild Minister,

          The Guild will be participating this year at 12th Night in an artistic
          display of our members work.

          You are invited to bring a piece of your embroidery to share in the Guild
          display.

          Please contact me via email if you plan on participating.

          We will have two tables for our Guild to use.

          We will also be helping the Arachne's Web Guild, with the manning of their
          one table.

          Both Guilds will need help manning their respective tables..

          If you would like to help , give of your time and service to the Guilds,
          please sign up, for an hour.

          We will be setting up the display at approximately 10 AM, with items to be
          picked up at 5 PM.

          I would be really lovely if we could have 6 or 7 people help with the table
          sitting

          Those who volunteer early, will have their choice of time slots.
          Time slots will be,

          11 AM
          12 PM
          1 PM
          2PM
          3PM
          4PM

          YIS
          Catherine Lorraine
          Guild Minister

          .
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2006
            Greetings to the list from Catherine Lorraine Guild Minister,

            I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

            It is now time to turn our attention to the up coming 12th Night
            Celebration.

            This 12th Night the Guild will have a display in the Arts and Science room.
            If you are interested in bringing your needlework for display, please
            contact me off list so I can make sure there is enough room to show your
            items. Please download and fill out a display tag, located in the File
            Section in the folder named Guild Forms.

            If you are working on a napkin for the Pennsic 2007 project, and you happen
            to have it finished, 12th Night would be a wonderful time to turn in your
            napkin and also display your work.

            Drop off time for display items is 10 - 11 AM . The Guild display will
            close at 4 PM sharp, so please pick up your items at 4 PM.

            A reminder to those volunteers who signed up to man the Guild tables
            1. 11 AM - 12 PM Micheila Mac Callum
            2. 12 PM - 1 PM Felicia Margerye Amondesham
            3. 1 PM - 2PM Aibhilin inghean Eoghain
            4. 2 PM - 3 PM Adriana Tacita
            5. 3 PM - 4PM Aelia Apollonia

            I thank everyone who has helped and supported the Guild through out this
            past year.

            Have a joyous Holiday Season, and a very Happy New Year.

            See you all at 12th Night.

            YIS
            Catherine Lorraine, Guild Minister
          • delangelia
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 23, 2009
              Greetings and happy almost 12th Night All!

              I've had to rearrange the schedule a bit for the guild display table due to various responses. At this point we have one person on the table at a time. If I can have more volunteers then we could get two onto the tables which would make it much less lonely…

              Also, while people have mentioned to me various items that they are considering for the display, I have had very few confirmations. This is a condition that causes your old guild minister here sleepless nights… so if you were planning to display something and have not yet emailed me about it, please take pity on my and send me that message soon?

              Here is the schedule as it stands now;

              9-10 am Katherine de Langelei
              10-11 am Ascelin Meere of Ravenslocke
              11 am -12 noon Felicia Margerye Amondesham
              Noon – 1 pm Aelia Apollonia
              1 – 2 pm Christian de Holacombe
              2 – 3 pm Isela di Bari
              3 – 4 pm Catherine Lorraine of Stonegate Manor
              4 – 5 pm Katherine de Langelei

              Take down will occur promptly at 5 pm. Anything still on the table by 5:15 will be lovely packed up and moved to my hotel room.

              Thank you, and Happy Holidays!