FW: [westlaurels] Artisan's Display at 12h night weeke nd

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2007
      _____

      From: westlaurels@yahoogroups.com [mailto:westlaurels@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Crystal A. Larsen
      Sent: Oct 26, 2007 4:28 PM
      To: westermark@yahoogroups.com; west-cooks@yahoogroups.com;
      sca-west@yahoogroups.com; SCA-Xton@yahoogroups.com;
      West-Brewing@yahoogroups.com; SCA-West-Archery@yahoogroups.com;
      West_12thNight_Committee@yahoogroups.com; Westdance@...
      Subject: [westlaurels] Artisan’s Display at 12h night weekend

      Greetings!

      Once again, there a Saturday afternoon Artisan’s Display is
      planned for 12h night weekend. This is not a competition; this
      is a chance for you to display your work (and works in
      progress). Its' also a change to schmooze with and be schmoozed
      by other artisans of the kingdom. Artisans of all levels are
      welcome to participate. Bring your projects and your questions,
      show off your work and take the opportunity to see what others
      are working on.

      If you leave items for a static display, please be sure each one
      is marked with your name and contact info. Documentation is not
      required, but is recommended. A handout with a description of
      your item, and how you made it is always appreciated by the
      people who stop by for a look. Notepads and pencils will be
      provided to exchange contact information or leave questions or
      comments, and personal tokens are encouraged. They don't need
      to be fancy -- beads or ribbons or baggies of cookies are all
      equally appreciated.

      The display area will be open about 1:30pm for setup, and the
      display will run from 2 p.m. to 4pm. The Artisans Display is
      currently scheduled in the afternoon, but that is subject to the
      whimsy of Their Majesties, and Their Royal Highnesses.

      If you'd like to display your works, please contact me (Crystal
      of the Westermark, xtalrock at yahoo dot com) BEFORE THE 15th OF
      DECEMBER. The default setting is currently ½ table per artist,
      but different arrangements are available if you ask in advance.
      If you will need more space, or if you have any special
      requirements (light? electricity? space for a dress-dummy?
      dancing? are you hoping to serve snacks?) you cannot
      procrastinate in letting me know what you need. (You can
      procrastinate on what exactly you’ll be displaying until the
      very last minute, that’s ok). You may want to consider how to
      protect your work if it is especially fragile.

      If you can't decide until the very last minute about
      participating, there may be a small amount of extra table space
      on a first come, first served basis or the whimsy of our Queen.

      Please forward this message to other lists as appropriate (check
      the headers first!). I’ll be back at my email to answer
      questions on Monday 29Oct07.

      regards,
      Crystal of the Westermark