Chronicler apologies

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2007
      My deep apologies to all; I've really fallen down on my newsletter
      responsibilities this year. I've now missed not one, but two issues
      (spring and summer), and I promised Catherine faithfully to have a
      newsletter up before October Crown, which isn't going so well either.
      (Though I do have two of the three main articles and lots of nice
      photos.)

      The short explanation is Life, Health and Job; fortunately the Health
      and Job prospects are looking much better. I've gotten through the
      "rush" season at work and things should be much easier between about
      now and February -- temporary crises, maybe, but not a constant
      onslaught that leaves me exhausted all the time. As for health, some
      of you know I have chronic depression, and I'm currently not having a
      lot of success coping with it, especially not on weekends. I managed
      to thoroughly exhaust myself last spring and I think I've finally
      caught up with that. The cooler weather is helping.

      Catherine has convinced me I should ask for some assistance, so here
      is my request: I'm in need of an assistant to help me with the more
      "mundane" aspects of the newsletter. Mostly what I need is someone
      rather more organized than I am, who can take over some of the
      scheduling responsibilities and help me get everything assembled in a
      timely fashion. If you're interested in working with me on this,
      please e-mail me privately.

      Again, my apologies. I will continue trying to get the next
      newsletter finished this week, and I hope to see you all at Crown.